What a great weekend! Thank you all for joining us. Please take a minute to give us some feedback here
2014 Festival Dates and information:
Saturday / Sunday
June 21/ 22
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
* * * RAIN OR SHINE * * *
210 Turners Falls Road, Montague,
Directions to the Mutton & Mead Medieval Festival
Interested in getting involved? Join Us!
The Mutton & Mead Tavern & Inne is hosting its annual festival for your enjoyment! Come partake in merriment and play as our shire transports you to another time: Merchants hawking their wares, Games to test the skills of both children and adults, Stages showcasing the realm’s finest entertainers! Wander the streets listening to minstrels infusing the air with music. Meet Robin Hood and his Merry Men as well as Maid Marian! Stroll the enchanted paths of Sherwood Forest. But watch out for the Sheriff!
This festival, brings together theater, fun, food, and entertainment with a medieval flair. It is a day for everyone: kids, teens, and adults alike. Come in costume or come as you are, and enjoy the festival!
WHY SHOULD YOU GO TO THE FESTIVAL?
- To...See the a full armored Joust on horeseback!
- To...Be entertained by sword fighters, Mud beggars, Wenches, Belly dancers, Singers, Minstrels, Jugglers and More!
- To...Shop the shire's Market and Adorn Yourself with Gifts from over 65 merchants and artisans selling fantastic leather work, jewelry and other treasures!
- To...Play with the faeries and wood sprites of the enchanted Sherwood forest.
- To...Partake in the shire’s fine Mead, smoked Turkey Legs and other Tasty Victuals of the Land!
- To...Meet the wonderful people of our shire, including Robin hood, his Merry Men, and Maid Marion as the legendary tale unfolds around you.
So travel back in time with us to the early 13th Century! The Mutton and Mead Tavern will be holding their annual summer festival, and collecting food for the poor. The shire folk are worried the Sheriff of Nottingham will come and exact tax payment on the collected food, but are confident that Robin Hood will swoop in and save the day!
Mutton & Mead is a project of the Knighten Guild, in cooperation with the Millers Falls R&G Club.